Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing 19

I chose to expore Facebook. I chose it because I used to use My Space as my social networking site, but found that I had more "Friends" on Facebook.

It is amazing how I have contacted people from my past, mostly from college (20 yrs ago in Louisiana) and High School (longer ago than that). Its neat how you can find one person you know, then they can suggest people you might also know.

The only use I can see for Facebook in the schools is to get assignments and messages from me. I check my Facebook occassionally and I also check my e-mail. You get an e-mail when you have a Facebook notification.

A teacher at my school used Facebook to do a history project, I'm not exactly sure how it worked, but the kids really liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Sara had each student chose a person in history and research that person. Then each student had to make a facebook page about that person. They had to connect as a friend to the teachers page then the kids could see each others page as well. Sara had a rubric on what she wanted to see on each facebook page. The kids really loved doing this project.

    ReplyDelete