Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing 23

My favorite discoveries on this "learning journey" are that I have so much to learn. While I am not a librarial, these tools hould be beneficial to the classroom. I especially liked wikis and rollyos.

I have to view problems as challenges. Many of these "things" challenged me. In fact, I was so frustrated with thing 21 , that I quit. But I did create quite a learning toolbox.

Now I know how students feel when they don't understand how to do something. It was very frustrating. I felt that I had to do this on my own, without help, and I don't feel that I did a very good job.

I don't know how you could improve on this. Because I'm not that great with computers, this was just difficult for me.

For me, this program was both enlightening and frustrating. I learned a lot, but I also got stuck in places. I with that I had someone I could ask questions to. If I took this course with a colleague or friend, it would have been much easier for me.

I do not know if I would participate in another sesssion like this. It was very hard for me to work independently. Maybe if it were on a topic I was more familiar with.

2 comments:

  1. By participating you succeeded. You gave yourself the opportunity to learn about some things you didn't know and you tried an alternate way of learning...self-paced online learning. You have some new tools in your toolbox to use with students!

    You also have a community of learners to share with. There are several from your campus (including your Librarian) who can help you with the rough spots. I know they will share with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be glad to help you figure out what went wrong with any of the things that you felt were difficult. I think it helps if you go to any of the other blogs and see how other people did each thing. But at least you did finish and you have been exposed to so many more sites than you knew existed before. GOOD JOB

    ReplyDelete